Jun 2, 2010

sometimes



A new embroidery project is emerging. This is how it came about...
When you are a crafty type a lot of people you meet start off sentences like this - 
'You know what you should do...' insert advice here about a project they think is a winner.
At this stage I smile politely and try to stay focused. You never know, someone might just have a gem to share, but usually not (help me out here other designers, you KNOW what I'm talking about).
Last month I worked for six days at a Craft Show in Melbourne. If you met me on the first 4 days you were lucky. If you met me on the last 2, I'd have to say a big sorry. My passion for life was snuffed out on those days by PMS and being interstate without my kids.
Back to the story. It must have been in the first few days when I met a crafty lady, who after looking at my matryoshka dolls, shared a story about a hand embroidered doll she had when growing up. Thank you whoever you are, I told you I'd do one. It's in the works now!

8 comments:

Georgia said...

Ooooh, I like this idea a *LOT*! :-)

Leonie Guld said...

I'm right with you. If I had listened to everyone I would have a store as big as myer!!! Shesssh Oh..love the doll and the dresses...sorry i haven't commented sooner..they are gorgeous!! xx

Shannon said...

nice one, and really no one could have been in a worst mood at the craft show than nausea-face me.

And in regards to being told what to do - I quite like the ones who colour suggest for me. Because yes - printing in canary yellow is a great idea.

yardage girl said...

I hear you - this one was a great idea, though!

CurlyPops said...

Some peeps don't know the code... you don't tell a designer/artist/crafter/maker what they should make!
I don't know how all you lovely ladies at the show managed to survive for soooooo long.

MooBear Designs said...

That's such a long time to go without your family!! I couldn't do it . I would go mad... madder than what I already am. So far the 'doll' looks lovely can't wait to see what it turns out like.

xo Steph

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

is's just wonderful x

monkeemoomoo said...

I love this doll idea, I can't wait to see how it turns out.