Sep 6, 2010

getting ready

Another market is on this weekend. My local school. It was washed out last time, so hoping this one will go ahead. It's time for doll stuffing and owl brooch making. A good distraction from my life today. I made a big mistake last night. I spent time with someone who doesn't think very highly of me and engaged in a lengthy conversation that has knocked me about emotionally. Spending a day kicking myself and hoping tomorrow will be better. A morning of crafting with some friends stopped me from wallowing in self pity! Thankful for craft and good friends that can fill the morning with uplifting conversations.

8 comments:

Sharonnz said...

Craft and good REAL friends will always be uplifting. Your photo is giving me the guilts though, thinking about my doll and robot panels sitting in my craft box;-)

Kate said...

They must be quite strange Kristen if they don't think highly of you. Lovely embroidery.

Lisa said...

Kristen, anyone who "doesn't think very highly" of you obviously A. doesn't know you at all or B. doesn't appreciate what a fantastic person and friend you can be (or of course C. is just a total DB). Remember, there are plenty of people like me that DO think VERY highly of you, are inspired by you and appreciate your friendship.

Jhoanna said...

Gorgeous things in your creative space Kristen as alwayd! Stay away from the joy-sappers, they are not worth your time. You are awesome!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Everything that Lisa said. I think, from here in blogland, you are one of the kindest chicks around. This person is clearly not worth another thought!

And yes, thank goodnes for craft and loving friends! xox

ellie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I think really really highly of you - in many ways. Though I don't know you very well in a personal way, what I know of you - and the times we have spent together; you are an honest, true, warm, generous, carefree, inspiring, strong woman.
I hope you're feeling good now - and are learning to stay away from the negative and hurtful aspects of life.

Take care. E

Running Thread said...

Hope your morning with true friends and some crafty goodness has raised your spirits. Your gorgeous work comes from a very good place - YOU!

flowerpress said...

I hope the positive has overcome the negative and you are feeling better my friend :-)